Sunday, August 10, 2008

XXIX


So I'm trying to get into the Summer Olympics, how bout you? It's kind of funny to me how about half of Americans don't care one bit about the games. I wasn't excited or looking forward to them, but now that they have started, I am getting into it.

I missed the Opening Ceremony's because I had court on Friday night (yes, Friday NIGHT, at 8), but I heard they were spectacular. I wish they would reply it so I could see them. But I woke up on Saturday and started watching Handball. Has anyone seen this sport? Has anyone seen half these "sports?" It's crazy. It's like a combination of soccer, basketball, hockey and lacrosse. It was pretty interesting to watch, mainly because I had never seen anything like it.

Watched a little bit of the women's fencing, which we won all 3 medals in! And then last night I watched Michael Phelps win his first of 8 golds. This story is obviously the biggest story of the Olympics. 8 gold medals. That is absolutely crazy. I heard somewhere that if he does get the 8 golds, it's the physical equivalent of running a marathon every day for 9 days. Don't know how true that is, but it's still going to be a hell of a story.

Anything less than a gold from the basketball team would be a disappointment. I just don't see how this team could even lose a game, and I don't think it's going to happen. I may be being a little too much of a "homer" right now, but I'm gonna go on a limb and say the basketball team won't lose a game, and that Phelps will get 7 golds, tying Spitz's record.

Off to go watch water polo or rowing or whatever is on right now. Go US and A!!

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

We DVR'd the Opening Ceremonies. I can transfer it to an oh-so-cool VHS if you'd like.

:)