Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thank You Michael..



Sports fans owe Michael Phelps a "Thank you." With the Astros in an unrecoverable tailspin, we needed something this August to keep us sane before football finally kicked into gear. Michael gave that to us.

Prior to the Olympics, I didn't have much interest in it. But that first race that Michael one, and especially the Relay win over France, got me hooked. I never missed a race (watched 1 later in the night), and I was hooked every time.

What he has done this week was absolutely supurb. 8 gold medals, 7 world records, 7 days. Other swimmers have told me what kind of grueling schedule that is, how impossible it really is. But Michael did the impossible.

He deserves all this media frenzy, he deserves the nickname "Mr. Gold." Thank you Michael, for making August a sports month we will never ever forget.

No comments: