Friday, August 8, 2008

Goal #1 Accomplished!!

Well, goal #1 is finally crossed off as I finished my 101 goals list. That was absolutely much tougher than I thought it would be. Any list of 100 things is hard to do, let alone a list of goals and things you want to accomplish in the next 2.75 years. Some goals are easier than others, some will be accomplished soon, some later.

A little breakdown:

2. Catch a fish - That is correct, I have never caught a fish before. It is my ultimate goal in life. Granted, I have only been fishing about 4 times. I find fishing to be boring, but I will catch one sometime in the near future.

3. Own my own house - I have 'own my own house' and 'move into my own apartment' on this list. Reason being is the house I live in now is a rent house, and I plan to move out in Dec. into my own 1-bedroom apartment, something I have always wanted to do, then after that be financially stable to buy my own house.

10. Go to Disney World - Definitely something I want to do before I have children. I want to go with children, but definitely want to go again before I have kids. Plus, Jennifer has never been, so I want her to experience it without kids.

12. Get a raise/promotion - Just got one recently, so this is for a future raise..

27. Get concealed handgun license - Always wanted to do this, this will push me to get it done.

32. Watch a new classic movie each month - By classic I mean those movies that everyone has seen that you haven't, movies like Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The Natural, etc. Movies that have a rating on IMDB of at least an 7.5 that I haven't seen.

34. Non-Texas college football game - Can't decide if it can include a Texas team, but I'm leaning 'no.' I'm talking going to a LSU-Ole Miss game for no reason.

38/46. Go to the dentist... - Going to the dentist is like sky-diving to me...I can't stand it.

40. Play in snow - Basically motivating me to go to a snowy destination, maybe Colorado will work in a month.

41. Get a massage - Yeah yeah...I've always wanted to.

47. Buy 5 original Disney DVD's - Not crap like Ratatouilee or Wall-E, I'm talkin the classic, like Aladdin and Bambi, etc.

50. Go to a movie solo - I've always wondered how this feels..

55. Watch an entire recommended t.v. series - I'll take recommendations, but I'm leaning towards Six Feet Under and The Wire. I heard Weeds is awesome too.

56. Visit a National Park - This one is kind of cheating, seeing as how I am going to Rocky Mountain National Park in Sept.

62. Go to an NFL game outside of Houston - This one is going to be a lot tougher than you think..

70. Go a full month without eating fast food - I typically do not eat that much fast food as it is, I just want to go from 1-31 one month not being allowed to go.

72. Go to 3 concerts of bands I have never seen - Saw Journey a couple weeks ago, and that influenced me to look up bands coming into town..

74. Read a book recommended by Andrew - Andrew Tarpinian reads more than anyone I know, and he has already recommended '1984' to me. This does not count as the 2 previous book goals.

81. 10 new Houston restaurants - Not new new, but new as in I've never been...

82. Movie showing at Alamo Drafthouse - Every now and then they show older movies from like the 80's and 90's for free. I want to go to one of these.

88. Learn the Presidents' in order - This could be a little tricky, but it's something I've always wanted to be able to do..

90. Go to a movie not knowing what I'm seeing - I just thought of this, and it may sound corny, but I think it would be a lot of fun. Don't look at the ticket, don't look at the doorway. Watch the previews in suspense, and then find out what you're seeing...

93. Murder Mystery Dinner - Something Jen and I have talked about many times, just haven't done yet.

99. You guys will find out what this goal is soon, but its a short-term goal just to keep me motivated..

I will continue to blog about each goal that I cross off the list. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Tabatha said...

Congrats on finishing the list...can't wait to see your progress!!!

Caffeinated Weka said...

Your #3 is the same at my #3 - and in the same place on the list, too! All the best with achieving your goals. I think you'll beat me to that one, though!

Nisha said...

so, cafe chick commented on my blog and i saw your comment on her blog and then i come here and see tabatha! small world. :)

anyway, i like a lot of things on your list and congrats on getting all 101 listed! here are a few random thoughts i had...

55) both six feet under and wire are excellent choices!
74) i have '1984' waiting for me as well. seems to be a favorite of many.
77) after not having done it in years, we floated the guad 3 times this summer. so much fun!
81) have you tried bubba's (buffalo) burger shack at 59/westpark? oddly enough, i think i saw tabatha there yrs ago. my friend's family owns the place.
82) love drafthouse! going to a 'regular' theater feels so wrong now.
88) one word: animaniacs - http://bit.ly/4pqeXC
90) cool idea!

good luck and look forward to reading about the progress!
-nisha