Sunday, August 10, 2008

Best Race Ever..



I can't be more happy that I watched that race tonight, and I really hope that everyone I know watched it as well. The heart of those 4 guys tonight was what Americans are about. Great job you Frenchies of running your mouth before the race, all that does is fuel Americans' spirit, hasn't the rest of the world figured this out yet??

In case you missed it, Phelps went first and trailed. We were losing to the French (the favorites) until the last guy, after the turn coming home, and halfway back, by at least a full body. And just when you thought it was over, the anchorman gave everything he had and beat the Frenchie in the very last second by .08.

It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in sports. I was so excited for those guys. 2 golds for Phelps now, but that was simply a portrait of American athletes having more heart than any others in the world. Yeah, I said it.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hands down coolest moment I've seen at any Olympics. Ever. It was seriously awesome!! Nice blog by the way!