Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally...INDIANA!



32. Watch a classic movie each month (2/33) - I know, I know, laugh it up. I had never seen an Indiana Jones movie in my life. Well, Jennifer recommended I see it as part of my "Classic movie" goal, so I did.

It was a lot like I had envisioned it. Reminded me a bit of Pirates of the Caribbean but without the comedy. It was very adventurous and fast-paced. That said, it still wasn't my cup o'tea. It did however surprise me with the bloog and guts scattered throughout the movie, I did nto anticipate that. I thought it was going to be more of a Disney-style adventure movie.
(SPOILER ALERT BELOW)
I've never been into all that sci-fi stuff. The movie had me interested all the way until the scene towards the end when the spirits come out of the ark and kill all the Nazi's that are looking at it, but Indiana and his girl don't die because they didn't look at the ghosts directly? I know it was made in 1982, but still, that's the best the writers could come up with? I really didn't like that scene at all.

Overall, I guess you have to leave your seriousness behind when seeing this. I've always had trouble using my imagination when watching movies, I'm a realist. But I was kept interested throughout most of the film and that's what is important.

IMDB Rating: 8.7 (17th all time) My Rating: 7.0

3 comments:

Nisha said...

haha, we watched that last week too! i'm a huge fan of the series though so i've seen it several times. :) well, glad you enjoyed most of it if anything.

Tabatha said...

You never seeing Indiana Jones makes me feel better about having not watched Lord of the Rings. :)

Caffeinated Weka said...

Indiana Jones is a must-watch. Even for non-fans like me, I acknowledge these films' place in cinematic history. Wonderful escapism!