Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First VP Debate..



Tonight I watched my first Vice President debate. I had never watched one before. I try to watch the Presidential debates, but never thought a VP debate could be interesting. I knew this one was historic and would be entertaining, so I tuned in..
My thoughts:

- I am a Republican. I watched the McCain-Obama debate and thought McCain won that. I will blog about their second debate because the first one was a mess. I hated the way both of them acted, I hated the interruptions, I hated the mockery and below-the-belt punches, it was just a big ole mess. Hopefully they will correct that the second time around.

- I loved the Palin-Biden debate. They seemed to have much respect for each other, and I loved how they didn't interrupt one another and they smiled when one jabbed at the other. It was exactly how a debate should run.

- I thought Biden used his time much more successfully. He spoke probably 3 times as much as Palin, mainly because she kept her answers short. She really should have used as much time as possible. Hopefully it wasn't because she didn't have enough to talk about...

- Sarah was smokin hot as usual tonight. She really is a hottie for her age, John chose well with the "sex appeal" aspect.

- I hated how Biden always got the last word. I was very dissapointed in the host in that she kept giving Biden the final argument each time. Every time you thought Palin had the last word, she would let Biden retort. This wasn't fair.

- I loved Palin's little quirks. I love the way she talks ("say it ain't so Joe," "doggone it," "at the end of the day, its all gonna be alright). Her little witty comments really made her connect to most of small-town America.

- I wish Palin hadn't have talked about Alaska so much. It was Alaska this, Alaska that. I know she's the Governor, but she's interviewing for VP of the country, I wanted her to discuss more of what she would do rather than what she has done as Governor of a state that most of America knows nothing about.

- I'm glad Biden didn't degrade Palin as his reputation suggests. I thought he conducted himself very well, and I.....

thought he won this debate handidly. Palin got her jabs in and won a couple rounds, but Biden won this debate hands down. I was highly impressed with Biden. In fact, I will agree with my roommate Hunter that the only 2 of those running qualified to be President are John McCain and Joe Biden. He was excellent and really showed Sarah how to debate. He never let a single incorrect statement she made go by without correcting her, and he did it in a respectful way.

Sarah Palin did an excellent job and I only wish they would do this again so she could have a second bout with Joe, because I think she would correct her mistakes and speak longer on her answers, but Joe Biden was more prepared tonight and he showed it.

That said, I'm still a Republican!

No comments: