Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Land of Micro-Breweries..



#25 - Try 20 New Beers - I like the way that beer tastes for the most part. I'm not talking about Lets-Go-Out-And-Drink-Till-We-Pass-Out taste, I'm talking about legit, sober tasting of new beers. I like the different flavors and after-tastes of beers I have never tried before. I used to be very closed-minded about beer, but now I want to get out and try some ones that may peak my interest.

Denver and the state of Colorado are known as the Micro-brewery capital of the U.S. There are micro-breweries everywhere. Even popular ones such as Coors, Fat Tire and Blue Moon are brewed right there around Denver.

Well, I don't have long write-ups, just short little notes I took on each one, but here goes a few I tried:



1. Mothership Wit, Wheat-White, Ft. Collins, CO - Very wheaty but light, aftertaste a tad bitter. Great head throughout. I did not like this beer very much.

2. Mothership Wit, Wheat - I tried this one, the Wheat, at the ESPN Zone in Denver, and I liked it a lot better than the Wheat-White. It had a much smoother aftertaste.




3. Buffalo Gold, Rock Bottom Brewery - We went to the Rock Bottom Brewery in downtown Denver, and we got the Beer sampler, which is about a 4 ounce pour of each of their 8 beers. Jennifer was not too crazy about most of them, I liked about half of them. The darker ales just are not my style. I definitely liked the Buffalo Gold though, it reminded me a little of Fat Tire.



4. Autumn Ale, Breckenridge Brewery - We went to Breckenridge Brewery in downtown Denver as well, and we loved it here (We both even got a shirt!). Our waitress was awesome in explaining everything, and we both liked these beers a lot better than Rock Bottom. This Autumn Ale was the only ale I liked. It was dark, but it was their seasonal beer, and I respected it.



5. Avalanche, Breckenridge - This was my favorite beer I tried all weekend. It was really awesome. It was a very smooth taste, smelled great, and had a really good aftertaste. I need to find out if they sell this beer down here anywhere, cause it was definitely worth it...

1 comment:

Tricia Keierleber said...

yeah, we ♥ HIMYM, keep me posted!! :) giving up tv wasn't too bad over the summer, but now I am a lil bummed to miss CSI and HIMYM!