Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Best Purchase of my Life..

#99 - Secret Goal - This one I obviously wrote out as a secret goal that only I knew about. The goal was to buy an engagement ring. I had been looking around for awhile, and knew it would happen soon, but made it a goal just to keep me going and it really helped me to stay focused.

When I decided that I was ready to get engaged to Jennifer, I knew I wanted to buy a perfect ring. I had little knowledge of diamonds and bands and rings, and wanted to really get into it. I didn't want to just walk into a store and buy the first ring I saw that I liked. So I did a little research.

After a few months of looking around and researching, I believe I am very educated on diamonds now. It realy is an interesting and fun subject to learn about. Basically, there are 4 C's in diamonds: Color, Clarity, Cut and Carat, each having a rating system and each very unique to itself.

I went to several stores and looked online quite a bit before I found the perfect diamond. I was able to see the diamond outside of the setting as the diamond company I went to had just gotten it in stock. It wa sa full carat, which was exactly what I wanted. The cut was Ideal, almost perfect. The color and clarity on it was much better than what I originally thought I was going to get. When I saw the diamond under microscope and in the lights, I knew it was the one.

The band was pretty easy to pick. It is 14K white gold, Tiffany-style. I loved it right away. I picked this ring and actually paid for half of it prior to seeing the final product, but when I went in to pay the other half and see it for the first time, I was blown away.

I believe I made a great call with this ring, and am so happy to have this step taken in my life, as it is a very exciting time! I also have paid for it in full, something I have always wanted to do.

Here are the same 2 pictures of the ring. We are going to get some better pics taken, but all you have to do it see us together if you want to see the ring in person!



No comments: