Sunday, January 4, 2009

Seein the Texans and Da Bears!


83. Go to a sporting event with just my dad. - I have been slacking big time with my blogging, so this one will be sort of a catch-up blog on my goals.

First, some bad news, one goal is now listed as unachievable, as I failed to go to the dentist in 2008. I'm really upset at this one, but I waited too long, and before I knew it, I was way too busy to do it. I'm sure that being terrified of the dentist had nothing to do with it.

Second, I am in the middle of a few goals. I need to update my classic movies, I did watch one for November and December, just haven't written about them yet. I am 70% done with my non-fiction book, and I am almost done with Season 1 of my recommended t.v. series from the beginning (The Sopranos).

Thirdly, I was able to knock out a goal last weekend, when I went to the Texans-Bears game with my dad. My mom's doctor (shes a nurse) has season tickets and couldn't make it, and offered us his tickets. We said yes not even knowing how amazing the tickets were. When we got them, I freaked out seeing that they were Section 107, Row F (that's 6). I looked up Section 107 and found out that that's on the 45 yard line. Basically, you can't get much better seats than these.

I wanted to go to a sporting game with just my dad so that we could bond. We had gone to countless Astros and Oilers games together growing up, and as I got older, I started going with girlfriends and friends instead, so this was a perfect opportunity for us to go to a football game together and have a good time. My sister and her boyfriend were also going to the game, but their seats weren't anywhwere near ours, even though they came down and sat in 2 seats behind us in the 4th qtr.

We had an amazing time at the Texans game. The seats were unreal, getting to watch the players in all their motions right in front of us. Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter and Steve Slaton (my favorite player) all sat on the bench right in front of us, about 20 feet away. It was surreal seeing all this in person, I felt like a kid all over again. My dad and I had a good time, getting to bond and talk and enjoy the game in front of us. Plus, the Texans won and knocked the Bears out of the playoffs!!

I took a ton of pictures, here are a few of the best ones:














No comments: